Saturday, September 13, 2008

Blogging Success - Self Promotion

It occurs to me as I launch into this blogging phenomenon that I have a thing or two to learn about it all – especially if I want to make money at it – which I do. I’ve spent many years partially or totally self employed, earning my income from selling this or that, but I’ve never been very successful – financially that is. So I’m determined as part of my changes in life, to make more money from what I do, because on the whole, I do things fairly well, just that one thing – filling up my bank account – I have yet to feel satisfaction with.

So far I am finding out how much I don’t know about working the net – and it’s so exciting! I love the challenge of learning how to do something new and unfamiliar and that is the wonder of the Internet. I recently was reminded of how much I didn’t like my college learning experience – I was a fragile thing in those days when it came to expressing my creative works and I hadn’t quite gotten over failing Art at ‘O’ Level either, so when I was criticized by my often caustically sour tutors, I felt less and less willing or able. The Internet on the other hand is a whole different ballgame – brimming over with people sharing their expertise and leaning over backwards to help you maximize your own special thing – whatever it is. It’s a learners’ paradise!

So, for today, I’m going to just ask you to help me along the way a bit – I intend soon to put up a website – promoting my art jewelry, but also now, I’ve decided, to include my “how to” tutorials on making all sorts of stuff – some of the things I’ll put in my book eventually. I’d like you to believe I’m doing this all in the fine spirit of sharing just for caring, but I’ll be honest, I’m not. In what I’ve learnt so far, if you want to make money on the internet, blogging is one thing – adsense ads will bring you in $ if people click on them or your traffic is high enough, but having a website where you do a good job of providing people with information on things they want to know as well as your blog is a much better combo.

So, friends who I’ve invited to read this blog, I’m gonna ask you to do me a favour – please leave comments, good or bad, become a follower, check out the ads and links that you see that interest you, link to me, email some posts to your friends and suggest they visit sunrainor…come back often or even get the RSS feed. You don’t have to buy anything, but I’m hoping you’ll enjoy your visits here and to the website when it get that going – I look forward to blogging with you, and hopefully it’ll help me with that one challenge I’ve been challenged with beating thus far. Making my bank account less empty. TIA.